Thursday 9 October 2014

What does media mean to me?

Media is very important to both me and the rest of the world. Without it people would not be able to communicate, share ideas and expand their lives in ways they didn't think were even possible. In my own life, I have always been around a computer (my parents both work in I.T) and the ways they and works of the internet and the media has always fascinated me, ever since I can remember I've been looking on social media sites and playing on games that let me connect with a world aside from my own, e.g. Sims. Now-a-days, I have a huge interest in a variety of magazines like ELLE and TV shows and websites and I think media takes up more of my life and everyone else's life way more than we'd care to admit. Being on social media, with people half way across the world it has helped me get through painful and stressful times in my life, the ability to communicate with those who have had the same problems and can offer a fair amount of support. This really meant a lot to me as I was never sure that anyone really understood me, but people across the world have shown that you really aren't alone. Media can be used for both leisure and work; this just shows exactly how important it is in someone's life. You use a computer or phone or tablet almost every day, people definitely expect you to have something like this in the modern world. Media is not just computers and the internet either, it is also films and TV, campaigns and advertising, and much more. This shows that media is around us all the time and we may not even notice it anymore. People relate to media in ways they don't realise, and that's what makes it so amazing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment